From: Waqar M [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 20 November 2000 14:58
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Async Dialing Issue

Dear All, i m facing an issue here:

I have a Cisco 2520 and cisco 1720 routers for async dial backup
connectivity. On Cisco 1720, i am using aux port for dialing out and on
cisco 2520, i m using the Sync/Async port for accepting incoming connectons
and consequently i have configured it accordingly. But async port is not
accepting calls. As soon as call comes in, it disconencts it by giving
timeout signal in "debugging ppp negotiation". I have tried each and every
step but the problem is recurring. Kindly help me regarding this issue.
Moreover, the line is working fine using AUX port as incoming connection, so

this means that modems are OK.

The configuration of Cisco 1720 is:
interface Async5
ip address 5.5.5.4 255.0.0.0
no ip directed-broadcast
encapsulation ppp
dialer in-band
dialer string 4313052
no cdp enable

line aux 0
modem InOut
transport input all
stopbits 1
speed 115200

The Configuration of Cisco 2520 is:

interface Serial3
physical-layer async
ip address 5.5.5.5 255.0.0.0
no ip directed-broadcast
encapsulation ppp
async default routing
async mode dedicated
no peer default ip address

line 3
modem InOut
transport input all
speed 115200
stopbits 1
flowcontrol hardware

Any sort of help will be highly appreciated.

Waqar