Check the pin out on the cable coming out of the 2511. Make sure you have only one roll
cable between the router and the console port. We do the same thing here and have
problems only when the pin outs are wrong.

See the cable specs and compare pin outs with :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/cis2500/2509/acsvrug/cables.htm

Aloha,

Ed Tavares