Dear Group,

Doing BGP stuff in the lab now and I'm having a problem getting iBGP routes
into the routing table.

After fixing up the problems getting neighbors talking properly, I cannot
see BGP routes.

All the routes are from loop-backs on 4 routers in a full mesh.

The routes being advertised are not being advertised by another igp.

I'm also looking at the Hutnick/Satterlee book which takes you by the hand
but I'm not getting the same results.  It states there are 2 conditions to
be met to get routes into the routing table.

BGP knows about the routes through the network command - condition #1

The routes do show up on their local router as "directly connected" and
therefore are in the local ip routing table.  - Condition 2

All routes show up in all routers in the bgp table on every router.

I'm now looking at next-hop-self, but so far it didn't seem to help.

The book's examples end up with a local pref of 0 whereas mine shows 100,
not sure of the significance.

A colleague mentioned iBGPs high admin distance (200) was keeping the routes
out ...... but the routes are not being advertised by any other means except
iBGP - so....... shouldn't they be there??

Anyway, short of posting configs - any quick ideas?  (long ones too will be
tried)

Kevin Wigle