Mike,

Jumping in on the back of Nigel's reply:

Canonical to Non-canonical MAC address Conversion

Break down MAC address into nibbles, (half a byte, or 4 bits)

Convert HEX digit to binary:

0 = 0000 , 1 = 0001
2 = 0010 , 3 = 0011
4 = 0100 , 5 = 0101
6 = 0110 , 7 = 0111
8 = 1000 , 9 = 1001
A = 1010 , B = 1011
C = 1100 , D = 1101
E = 1110 , F = 1111

Then reverse the pattern of bits for each nibble:

0000 = 0000 , 0001 = 1000
0010 = 0100 , 0011 = 1100
0100 = 0010 , 0101 = 1010
0110 = 0110 , 0111 = 1110
1000 = 0001 , 1001 = 1001
1010 = 0101 , 1011 = 1101
1100 = 0011 , 1101 = 1011
1110 = 0111 , 1111 = 1111

The convert back to HEX:

0000 = 0 , 1000 = 8
0100 = 4 , 1100 = C
0010 = 2 , 1010 = A
0110 = 6 , 1110 = E
0001 = 1 , 1001 = 9
0101 = 5 , 1101 = D
0011 = 3 , 1011 = B
0111 = 7 , 1111 = F

Then swap the resulting nibbles (1 with 2, 3 with 4 etc.) to
reverse each byte,

Do this for all 6 pairs of nibbles, and there you have it!

Here's a simpler table to follow, but it's best
to be able to learn how to do it from scratch, I suspect.

0 - 0
1 - 8
2 - 4
3 - C
4 - 2
5 - A
6 - 6
7 - E
8 - 1
9 - 9
A - 5
B - D
C - 3
D - B
E - 7
F - F

An example or two might help:

Token Ring Address:
40-00-37-46-00-01
Break it down into nibbles:
4 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 3 - 7 - 4 - 6 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 1
Convert them into binary:
0100 0000 0000 0000 0011 0111 0100 0110 0000 0000 0000 0001
Reverse the nibbles:
0010 0000 0000 0000 1100 1110 0010 0110 0000 0000 0000 1000
Convert back to HEX:
2 - 0 - 0 - 0 - C - E - 2 - 6 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 8
Swap each nibble in each pair of nibbles:
02-00-EC-62-00-80

And there you have it!

It doesn't matter if you start with Cannonical to Non-canonical,
it's the same
process each time. If you can handle converting a byte at a time
- it's a little
quicker than this, and after a while you can do it in your head.
(Just don't
tell people at parties - normal people regard this as really
sad!)

Here's a couple of pointers on the web:

More general Token Ring:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/LANs/token-ring-faq/

Someone had a perl script that converted these things AFAIR that
they
mentioned looonnnnngg time ago on this list, might be worth a
trawl
of the archives.

Hope this helps

Regards