Yikes!  Before you go CAPS LOCKING people with wrong
advice, you might want to check your answer.
Hubs do not work at L2. Crossover is definitely the
right cable to use, but not for your reason.
Rule should go roughly like this:
1. Hub/Switch to anything but another Hub/Switch is
straight-through.
2. Everything else is crossover.