Happened to me before, connecting old 10mbit noname hubs to 3com
officeconnect ones. the switch on the 3coms did not work with those,
only a crosscable did work. Never discovered why, although obviously
those old hubs were blamed :)

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A.            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Via Marocchesa, 14         ph  x39-041-5907073