Yes, the StrataCom materials are only found in the
Cisco course materials and the Sybex book. They are
not even in the objectives listing, which would seem
very unfair. Other than Rishard's correct indication
of the backplane I would only suggest assuming that
the 'best' / highest number that sounds reasonable
would make a fine guess. Rarely does an exam
illustrate deficiencies in a product... ;)

--- Rishard Chapoteau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The BPX not BGX switch has a 9.6 Gps backplane.
> Chapter 21 of the Cid
> course.  If you only read the Cisco press book you
> wouldn't see it.  Its a
> stratacom switch.
>

> ""Aaron Moreau-Cook"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> in message

> > Can anyone tell me why I need to care about SNA,
> IPX, Token Ring, or ATM
> WAN
> > Switches in the CID Exam?
> >
> > I was very disappointed in this exam, I've been
> reading this exam sucked.
> It
> > really sucked when almost 20% of the questions
> were SNA, 20% were Token
> > Ring.... I had a few ATM WAN Switches, but I have
> never needed or seen one
> > before. Working at a content provider I don't have
> the luxury to order a
> > strand of fiber and try to make a ATM network off
> of it.
> >
> > Question:
> >
> > What is the backplane of the BGX ATM Switch Have?
> > a) 9.6 gbps
> > b) 1.2 gbps
> > c) 45 mbps
> > d) I have never seen a BGX ATM Switch before.
> >
> > Lame... Lame... Lame...
> >
> > I'll be retaking this exam on Monday.
> >
> > Score: 500/1000, 650 needed to pass.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]