Dear folks,

I would like to do some research on the strange behavior of the switch =
type basic-net3.

Usually when a show ISDN status command is done and an ISDN BRI is =
correctly configured

it will show the physical layer as "ACTIVE" unless backup interface =
commands are in use.

When backup commands are in use the output of the show isdn status show =
the physical

layer as "DEACTIVATED". This switch type is used in Europe has the =
behavior of showing the=20

physical layer as "DEACTIVATED" and no backup commands are being used. =
This causes some

confusion where I work at. Anyway, I would like to research this further =
but seems like the CCO

is only interested in how to enter this switch type in a router =
configuration and other sources which

I have looked are very sketchy on information on the switch capabilites. =
Any information

would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Raul