From: "atif" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "cisco group study" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 9:14 AM
Subject: cisco 3524 XL EN problem

i have installed a cisco 3524 xl en switch, i am facing a weird kind of =
problem i hope u guys will help me solve this problem.
the problem is that when a pc is connecte to switch for the 1st time  it =
takes about 4 to 5 minutes for the switch to communicate with the =
machine.The led on both sides shows green light even when its not =
communicationg and the ping request is timed out.
then after that it takes about 1 minute for  computer to see the switch =
if we take the connecter out of the switch and inserts again.
now todays it happened that after the weekend when computers were =
started some were communicating and many were not and all leds were =
showing green lights and after one hour or so every thing was =
normalized.
i havent seen this sort of problem before, this switch at the moment is =
running at default configuration and connected to a router to a vsat =
link.
i havent assigned ip add info so far , can this be a problem( i dont =
think so).=20
can any body figure it out what is the problem,
is something wrong with cabling,switch or NIC.

atif