Comments inline.

Eddie said:

> > I will like to add something to this also.  I was
> the director of technology for a startup .dot-com
> before I worked at Cisco. I couldn't find ANYONE
> to hire for over 6 weeks who knew Juniper, Extreme,
> or Foundry.  This isn't a slam, this is a fact.
> There are more Cisco savvy people out there, not to

True. But I argue that a skilled savvy-tech person can
work on any others vendors box that runs the same
standard protocols (or similar) in a short period of
time given access to the gear, docs, etc. ie: If
someone knows OSPF on Cisco they should be able to do
OSPF on anothers vendors box in a timely manner.

> > forget about the thousands, including yourselves,
> who are trying to learn Internetworking technologies
> on Cisco products. You also have to consider things
> like this when you make a purchasing decision.

Correct. But, I avoid sales/marketing like the plague
so can't say much. It's not my thing.

> One other thing I think most people will agree on is
> that TAC is HANDS DOWN the best support group
> available 24-7-365.  Sometimes technology isn't the
> deciding factor.

I agree. I work in a multi-vendor TAC-like environment
and have seen some other vendor tech-support groups.
It also depends on who you get working with you. I get
good+bad support from the vendors I need to work with
depending on what it is.

=====