Hi,

This is anotherone that comes up a lot with people that use a service from the outside
but not always from within.

If you don't have the dialer-list (x) protocol [ip ipx or whatever] permit
[access-list if wanted] set your dialer won't dial.

If this is set but your traffic is always generated from outside the network then run
a bogus rip process.  This will send out the odd packet and keep your link up.  Only
do this if you want to tie up the link.

Teunis
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia