Gareth,

Did you get my original response regarding checking
'show isdn stat' when it "goes to sleep"?

Paste the output from that when it is "sleeping".
Also, check with the ISDN provider and have them look
at their switch to see what they see when it is
"sleeping".

If you have a extra router with a BRI interface try
this ISDN circuit in that router to eliminate a
possible hardware problem perhaps. What IOS version
and model of router is this?

Erick