>Hi everybody:
>I am study BSCN,there are something confused me:
>in the book they says:The highest IP address on an active interface is
>normally used as the router ID, but this can be overridden by configuring an
>IP address on a loopback interface.
>I want to know which will be the Router ID if the loopback IP address
>smaller than the active interface IP address?
>Any suggestion will be appreciate,thanks.
>
>Will Guan
>frome Peking, China

If there are multiple loopback, the router ID will be the numerically
highest IP address on any loopback. In other words,

     int loop 0                  int loop 1           int loop 2
     ip addr 1.2.3.4             ip addr 5.6.7.8      ip addr 2.3.4.6

The router ID, in this case, was 5.6.7.8.

If there is only a single loopback interface, its IP address will
always be the router ID:

     int loop 0                  int ser 0           int ser 1
     ip addr 1.2.3.4             ip addr 5.6.7.8      ip addr 2.3.4.6

Here, the router ID would be 1.2.3.4.

If there were no loopback interfaces, the numerically highest active
interface would be used:

     int eth 0                  int ser 0           int ser 1
      ip addr 1.2.3.4             ip addr 5.6.7.8      ip addr 2.3.4.6
      no shutdown                 shutdown             no shutdown

2.3.4.6 would be the router ID.