Group
  I wanted to add another use for CDP. We have been working with a new
routing protocol which will replace EIGRP on a few of our WAN solutions. The
solutions have remote sites connecting via DDR routers to PPP routers
through our proprietary network. The routing protocol we are switching them
to is called ODR. It uses CDP to communicate and is really turning out to be
a neat solution to the problems we were running into with EIGRP convergence
on this setup. The configuration is amazingly easy the most time consuming
part is dialing into each one and taking EIGRP off. There are some bugs that
still are being ironed out, but I thought this would be a neat addition to
the question "What is the benefit of CDP?"