From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Ben
Hockenhull
Sent:   Sunday, December 24, 2000 11:51 AM
To:     Elias Aggelidis
Cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: ISL

You know, this is one of those things that really annoys me.  The 1750
would be a *perfect* lab router if it could do 802.1q on the fast ethernet
interface.  Is this a hardware limitation or a software limitation?

Of course, add 802.1q to the 1700 and the capabilities of the 1700 begin to
encroach on 2600 territory, so I suspect that the lack of trunking is a
conscious decision intended to distinguish between models.

Ben