I really hate to reopen this, but the posts that triggered this are
not new.  There has been no action by Cisco and there's suggestive
evidence that the original posts were hoaxes.  While
CertificationZone has no formal relationship with Cisco, there has
been considerable correspondence between Genium Publishing, owner of
the Zone, and Cisco's intellectual property lawyer, and some issues
of concern were worked out quite some time ago.

It is rather unlikely that a vice president of a major company would
disclose a future litigation plan in a forum outside the company.
One of the posts back when this thread began suggested the VP was Ed
Kozol, who (1) doesn't work for Cisco any longer and was either gone
or on sabbatical at the time of the alleged meeting and (2) was a
member of the Wiley Networking Council that sponsors my recent books
-- hardly an adversarial relationship.

Can we let this die?

>Is that who they are going after?  Certification Zone?  I have been the
>site, and I have not seen anything that really compromises the NDA, in fact,
>most the papers that are there seem like interpretations of the cisco.com
>site.

I can only speak for myself as an author as well as technical
director, but I strive to write the material from direct experience
and from general industry knowledge.  In other words, I would
typically write most of an article and then review some specifics
against public Cisco material, but I'm certainly not paraphrasing the
web site.