No, but I have seen issues where Spanning Tree hampered DHCP, especially on
Catalyst 2900XL switches.  PortFast is Cisco's fix for the problem but be
sure to read the precautions first.

I apologize if this answer is taking the wrong track, I just couldn't figure
how DHCP would hinder Spanning Tree.

Dave Swink