you can have multiple instances of OSPF on a router ...hence the proccess
id...(local importance,not sent by OSPF) with eigrp your router is in an
area  (one only) that you configure you then advertise the configured
interfaces as networks ...wearas with OSPF you create an area with each
link....i`ll show you a config and see if you can see what i`m tryibg to
say...........

EIGRP

Router EIGRP 200 (as area)

network 195.195.195.3
network 10.1.1.0
(both of these routes will be advertised in area 200 (Please Wait list)

router ospf 200 (local id)

network 1.1.1.0 0.0.0.255 area 0 (one area)
network 1.10.11.0 0.0.0.255 area 243 (another area)

using this method you can have Area`s WITHIN area`s which is what i`m trying
to say....... BADLY

i hope this hasen`t confused you more

try this URL:
http://www.cisco.com/cpress/cc/td/cpress/design/ospf/on0407.htm