Spoofing means that the interface isn't really up, but it's pretending to be
up for routing purposes.  For instance, if you have floating static routes,
the second of which is pointing out your bri, if the interface was actually
down the route would never enter the routing table.  If the interface is
up--or pretending to be--the second static route is valid and will enter the
routing table which then would trigger your dialer when interesting traffic
was present.

If your interface is up (spoofing) then it is not really up and you have no
call in place.  We would need to see a few more things to troubleshoot this.
To begin with: show isdn status, show isdn history, show dialer.  Then try
to place a call with debugging on: debug isdn event, debug isdn q921, debug
isdn q931.  If all looks good up to that point, you can turn all that
debugging off and use debug ppp negotiation, debug ppp auth, and debug ppp
error.  After looking at all of that output you'll probably be able to spot
the problem.  If not, post your findings and maybe someone here will see
what's wrong.

Good luck,
John

>  Dear all,
>
>  i am setting up an end-to-end isnd connection between two routers using
CHAP