I hope this will help using DHCP

DHCP Relay
DHCP relay typically runs on a router and the relay support is available on
Windows NT Server version 4.0 and Windows 2000 Server. On Cisco 700 series
routers, you can turn on DHCP relay with the set dhcp relay command. You can
turn on DHCP relay on a Cisco IOS router by configuring ip helper-address
with the address of the DHCP server on each interface that will have DHCP
clients. The ip helper-address command forwards many other IP broadcasts,
including DNS, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP), and NetBIOS name
service packets. To forward only DHCP requests, see the following example
configuration. For more information, see the "Configuring Broadcast
Handling" section in the Network Protocols Configuration Guide, Part I.
no ip forward-protocol udp tftp
no ip forward-protocol udp dns [This command is not listed in IOS! J.R.]
no ip forward-protocol udp time
no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-ns
no ip forward-protocol udp netbios-dgm
no ip forward-protocol udp tacacs
ip forward-protocol udp bootpc
!
interface ethernet 0
ip helper-address 172.16.12.15
interface ethernet 1
ip helper-address 172.16.12.15
Exerpt from: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/winnt_dg.htm#xtocid88299
You must apply the ip helper-address [dhcp server IP] to EVERY interface,
including the serial.
Whew! Makes a man feel mancho to solve such problems.

_

Leroy Burns - LAN Administrator
75 Piedmont Avenue, Suite 1200
Atlanta, GA 30303-2507