A clearer statement about the level of involvement that SNMP might have
within postings on a (clearly) hypothetical bay/nortel newsgroup is that it
would be a recurring topic, with a fairly high percentage of specific
implementation questions. This has to do with the ineffably sluggish nature
of their graphical configuration tool, the lateness-to-market of their
non-script-driven cli (bcc) and the fact that snmp gets & sets are
incorporated into the TI that appears upon the establishment of a console
or telnet session.
Extremely cursory comparisons with mg-soft and similar browsing tools lead
me to believe that the wellfleet mibs are significantly better documented
than their cisco counterparts. They also appear to me to be easier to
navigate, but that might have more to do with relative inexperience than
anything else.

"Pradeep Kumar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@groupstudy.com on 01/07/2001
06:10:42 PM

Please respond to "Pradeep Kumar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]