Try http://www.ovforum.org if you want to see lots of discussion about SNMP.
I watch that group and all of the groupstudy groups. I haven't seen much
discussion of SNMP on the groupstudy groups.

I would like to see more discussion of the Cisco specific SNMP issues. Cisco
MIBs, what variables are interesting, stuff like that on the Groupstudy
groups. Some of the people going for the Network Management specialty of the
CCNP might really be interested in that stuff (myself included).

There was a really good thread on OVFORUM about Cisco HSRP, and another
about the internal workings of the Cisco 650X switches on the OVFORUM
recently.

As for the certification question:

HP has certification tracks for HP OpenView professionals. (WinNT and UNIX)
http://openview.hp.com

Regards,

Timothy Estes CCNA
Senior Network Systems Analyst