Repost.

-----Original Message-----
From: Post Master ** Do Not Use **
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 12:25 PM
To: Ryan Ngai Hon Kong
Subject: Mail failure

[008] Failure delivering user mail due to mailbag contention.
Mail item was not delivered to:

Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
From: Ryan Ngai Hon Kong
To:  '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject:  CiscoWorks & HP Openview in multiple VLAN.
Date: 2001-01-07 23:12
Message ID: 7D8056F1D9E4D4118BB800A0C9EA57D7

Good day,

It seems that I'm stuck with a problem on my customer network. I doesn't
have much
idea about LANE and their existing network setup since it is managed by
other vendors
so the bottom line is that I cannot view their cisco router configuration at
all.
However base on their existing updated network schematic design, they have 4
core
catalyst switches with RSM module and few distribution & floor switches.

My current HP Openview and CiscoWorks configuration pointing the address of
the local
catalyst RSM IP with SNMP read-only enabled. I'm expecting that the HP
Openview
to discover all the devices in the network while the CiscoWorks discover all
the routers
in the network by looking on the routing table in RSM.

At the end, it turns up that both of the network management software didn't
discover
any devices in the network even the after 2 days leaving it on my table to
discover.
Do you guys think that I should replicate/mirror all the other VLANs traffic
into my network
management port (SPAN)?

Any idea or improvement should I look forward in case I left our any of
requirements?

Thanks in advance.

p/s: I'll be appreciate that if you intend to asked a question, please reply
to my email and I
will reply to your query to the group again to illuminate unnecessary
flooding.

Best wishes,
Ryan