From: Pierre-Alex [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 11:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Cisco
Subject: RE: SNMP versus RMON

Thanks Willy!

Pierre-Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Willy Schoots [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 10:20 AM
To: Pierre-Alex

RMON gives you a lot more network traffic information than SNMP does. With
FULL RMON capabilities you can even sniff packets of the interface save them
and send them to a remote analyst station. There is definetly some overlap
but RMON is more powerful if you want to troubleshoot specific traffic
problems.

Have a look at www.netscout.com for more info on RMON and its applications
Cheers,

Willy Schoots