My employer sells this solution all the time.

When one of these things comes in front of me, I ask the customer the
following:

1) what is your data flow? How much data are you moving, and from where to
where?

2) Are you comfortable with the asynchronous nature of DSL. Is upload speed
as important as download speed?

3) Are you aware that DSL is UBR ATM? I.e. you are not guaranteed any speed.
What you are given is a theoretical maximum. There is no QoS possible
either, if you are thinking about time critical stuff, of reliability of
throughput.

Someone else mentioned reliability issues. I don't know. My DSL has been
every bit as reliable as anything else I have ever had experience with. I
once has a frame relay link between two of my offices down for a week while
the telco swore to god they were able to test end to end. Wanna guess what
they found after I told my account rep that I considered our contract null
and void? So bad service and prolonged outages can happen with any
transport.

I tell customers that it is the application and the value of that
application that should drive any provisioning decision. DSL is cheap. But
will it truly serve your purpose?

Chuck