""Chuck Larrieu"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
007101c07c12$8bb93440$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:007101c07c12$8bb93440$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
<--Snip-->
> Someone else mentioned reliability issues. I don't know. My DSL has been
> every bit as reliable as anything else I have ever had experience with. I
> once has a frame relay link between two of my offices down for a week
while
> the telco swore to god they were able to test end to end. Wanna guess what
> they found after I told my account rep that I considered our contract null
> and void? So bad service and prolonged outages can happen with any
> transport.

Yes you are quite correct, I did not get my point accorss well at all ;-)
Here QWest, DSL is just is such a over loaded, under staffed, non-business
type of service that you simply can not count on it. They just do not have
the people and equipment to deal with the volume, both of install and
repair.

Here the QWest FR is rock solid, the only outages I have taken have been the
five minute "sorry we need a quick maintanence window" type.

> I tell customers that it is the application and the value of that
> application that should drive any provisioning decision. DSL is cheap. But
> will it truly serve your purpose?

Very correct! Do not get me wrong, DSL can and is a very good solution for
many things, but the quality of provider/reseller, the busniness need and
the like all count.

John Hardman