I installed a VPN 3010 and it goes parallel with the
firewall, in my case a PIX. I didn't use the VPN 3000
client, but rather Windows 2000 built-in VPN adapter.
It does have the abilitity to do all the things you
listed. I did run into some issues with the box
talking MS-CHAPv2 and our NT server only talking v1,
but overall it seemed like a good box. Bought from
Altiga back in April 2000 I think.