I believe the level of IPSec is done at the client level. We have one in
production and works very well. Ours is actually hot on the internet and NOT
parallel. Supposedly it will work either way and be just as secure. But to
answer your question. The DES encryption is dependant upon the client. The
rest is configured on the vpn box itself. I haven't touched it in a while so
don't know all the specifics right off. Behind checkpoint firewall I'm not
sure.

That 5002 box was originally owned by Compatible systems. Check here for
more info:
http://www.compatible.com/tech_support/index.html