I would be surprised if the lab said you must using a "multipoint interface"
and not a point-to-point. Especially since ISIS is not support with this
type of interface.

  Now it could say do ISIS using maybe using "multipoint interface" which
ever method that will work. The suggestion I guess of doing a tunnel seems
like the only way with this type of interface.

  Kevin