From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Daniel Cotts
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2001 11:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Physical Difference Between RJ45 and RJ48

RJ-48 is similar to RJ-45 except that it has a key on the side of the jack.
A RJ-45 plug would fit a RJ-48 jack but a RJ-48 plug would not fit a RJ-45
jack. See the following for a physical view of a keyed plug.
http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/AMP/docs/pdf/6/39/195936.pdf

Just checked out an Atran CSU/DSU. Its Network (T-1) jack is referred to as
an (USOC)RJ-48C. AMP#555164-2. It is keyed.

Having said that, I seem to remember a similar discussion some while back
where it was said that the RJ specs referred to usage rather than physical
characteristics.