Hi!  I am having some difficulty in setting up my lab
at home, and need some good advice.  I have two pc's,
2 routers, and one switch.  I just want to work on the
routers for now, though.  Just established a network
with them, and can telnet into the router.  I have a
2514 router with 2 serial and 2 ethernet ports, and
also a 2504 with 1 token ring and 2 serial.  I also
have one cross over cable (dce to dte), one rollover
cable as well.  My questions are:

1.  on the 2514, I can't enable ospf.  You know how
you type in router ospf (as#)?  well, when i do that,
i do not get a router-config>   prompt.  But with
eigrp or rip I do.  I wanted to practice ospf, but
cant without getting into that mode!

2.  how do i connect the two routers?  I know i use
the serial calbe, but which router gets the dte or
dce?  i reda that all routers are dte, and therefore
need to have the clock rate set if not using the dce!
So, on this router 2514 when i teyped in show int s0,
it says down, down.  Now, I went into interface mode,
and did a no shutdown.  And then I assigned it an ip
address.  But, i cant do anything til i get that
interface up.

3.  once they are connected (if i cant use ospf, ill
settle for eigrp :>), then what?  This ccnp stuff is
really hard without the materials (such as frame lines
coming into the house, or csu/dsu's!!)

4.  I just bought an external modem, so I can dial in
to the router.  Anyone know how to set this up to
simulate a t1 coming in?  Such as, from my 56k phone
line to the external modem to the serial port?  Or is
my logic flawed?

Any advice is very, very appreciated!  You guys are awesome!