From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of J
Roysdon
Sent:   Wednesday, January 17, 2001 10:52 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: home lab

Bad info about back to back 2500s.  I'm using them in my home lab:

2501 dce:
interface Serial0
 no shutdown
 ip address 172.16.0.1 255.255.255.252
 clockrate 4000000

2502 dte:
interface Serial0
 no shutdown
 ip address 172.16.0.2 255.255.255.252

With that and the dte/dce back to back cable, it just came up.

2501#sh contr serial
HD unit 0, idb = 0x93830, driver structure at 0x97BC8
buffer size 1524  HD unit 0, V.35 DCE cable, clockrate 4000000
*snip*

2502#sh contr serial
HD unit 0, idb = 0xB9694, driver structure at 0xBE418
buffer size 1524  HD unit 0, V.35 DTE cable
*snip*

Doesn't reflect what's plugged in regarding DTE vs. DCE.  The 2501 end is
DCE, the 2502 is DTE.  However, if you notice the difference between the
lines: 2501 DCE device has clockrate specified.  Also, no matter what
clockrate I specify on the DTE side, it will not take the command (no error,
just never sets it, as clockrate is set by the DCE).

HTH

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+