Since I've only had one test, I can only speak for myself..I had my husband
drive me and we were absolutely silent on the trip with me doing last minute
cramming, with cotton in my ears in case he turned the radio on. We road this
was for a good hr and half.  Maybe two. (I was nervous about being
distracted).  But at home, I put headphones on at a very very loud volume of
wonderful classical music.  They say (and I don't know who they are), but they
say that classical music helps memory retention.  hehe
I was raised with classical.  But I am well aware of how most folks feel about
it.

Jen