Well, if I don't know anything else at least I know
that you're the most friendly, helpful and informative
guy I've ever met....*grin*

Seriously though, no flamebait here but why do I see
that funny junk when I run whois on microsoft.com and
aol.com? Whois doesn't interact with DNS at all? I
just want to be sure.

--- Andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Dan West wrote:
>
> > whoooaa there, cowboy..!!   I would say it
> certainly
> > has S/THING to do with S/THING...C'mon!!
>
> Only because you apparently have no idea how DNS
> works.
>
> > I wasn't doing a whois on
> > microsoft.blah.blah.whatever. I was running whois
> on
> > "microsoft.com".  Some DNS redirection at the very
> > least was happening.
>

> DNS has nothing to do with the whois database and
> your commant about DNS
> redirection makes absolutely no sense.
>
> > To say it "has nothing to do with anything" is
> just
> > plain absurd.
>
> See my first comment.
>
> andy