Hi.  Im practicing at home, and am encountering the
following problem:

I have one 2502 router, has 1 t.ring port and 2 serial
ports

Also, have one 2513 with 2 aui ports, 2 serial ports.

Now, Both of these guys are connected via serial port.
 serial0 on the 2513 is going to serial1 on the 2502.
I can ping the 2502 FROM the 2513 successfully, but
cannot ping the 2513 FROM the 2502.  Also, I made sure
that they are on the same network and using the same
subnet.
The 2502 router has the dce end of the cable, so I set
the clock rate at 64000 and the bandwidth at 64.
However, I did not do anything with the 2513!

The subnets are identical, and both start with
192.168.0.  I also set the telnet password, line vty 0
4, login, password xxxxx.

And when I typed in show interface (using the console
cable) on the 2502, it says down,down.   Both routers
are turned on.  Im wondering if I can telnet into a
router if I have the console port plugged in via
hyperterminal simultaneous, while trying to telnet
FROM router to router?

Now, the 2502 cannot be put on the ethernet, I
understand.  But should nt I be able to telnet into it
from the 2513?  I can ping successfully one way!  The
other way says 0 percent.

Thanks!