My memory of Tolkien Ring is a touch rusty, but I believe "One ring to rule
them all, one ring to find them" implies a rather hierarchical protocol.
"One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them" I would say
rules out the use of fibre.

JMcL

---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 29/01/2001

"Howard C. Berkowitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@groupstudy.com on 29/01/2001 11:43:33
am

Please respond to "Howard C. Berkowitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]