>From CCO:

"Early token release is a method whereby the Token Ring interfaces can release
the token back onto the ring immediately after transmitting, rather than
waiting for the frame to return"

Therefore you do not need to wait for the frame to return to see if the frame
has been copied or not (frame status field) and then removed from the ring.

--

          *** Please copy your emails to [EMAIL PROTECTED] ***

#    ..       ..    | Richard Gallagher     | Office:+32 2 704 5000     #
#    ||       ||    | Euro-CATS             | Direct:+32 2 704 5421     #
#    ||       ||    | Cisco Systems Belgium | Fax:   +32 2 704 6000     #
#   ||||     ||||   | Pegasus Park          | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] #
#.:||||||:.:||||||:.| De Kleetlaan, 6A      |                           #
#   Cisco Systems   | BE 1831 Diegem        | http://www.cisco.com/tac  #