Brian,
  I would like to see if you, or anyone on the list can assist me in getting
this config to work correctly.

Lab:
I have 3 routers (2501's) 1 frame switch, ~hub and spoke topology backbone.
2 other routers (2501's) for my virtual-link. The backbone is  configured
with NBMA, and off of each backside is an (ethernet) broadcast area labeled
1, 2, and 3. Off of r5's ethernet is area 2. I have connected r3's ethernet
to this segment, and the serial side of r3 is another area -area 4. I have
setup the ethernet interface on the r3 a virtual link to r5 through that
(ethernet segment) broadcast area. The problem is that r5 doesn't get
routing information for area 4. All the other routers do receive routing
information for area 4 through the virtual-link, and area 4 receives routing
info for everything else. There seems to be a problem with the virtual-link
setup.

                             _______r5---area 2---r3---area 4
                            /
area 1---r6------frameswitch
                            \_______r4---area 3

Now after reading over my message it looks like I need to include some
configs. I'll get to the lab and copy some configs. I'll just throw this out
there and see if anyone can see any mistakes that stick out.