From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 4:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: VLANs on Catalyst 1900 Switches

I have 2 Cat1900 switches (WS-1912-A).  One has the 8.01.00 Standard Edition
loaded and the other has the 9.00.04 Enterprise Edition loaded.  On neither
of them are any of the VLAN commands available.

The Cisco ICND book covers VLANs on Cat1900 switches and a co-worker just
attended a GlobalKnowledge CCNA Boot Camp where they did configure VLANs on
Cat1900s (with version 8.xx loaded).

In addition to the software version, is there a hardware issue?  Do some
Cat1900s not support VLANs?

Dave Goldsmith