Hi Folks,

I have a few Cisco 2501 routers all eith the same
startup problem. On startup, the routers behave
normal, but after the "Press RETURN to get started"
message, the routers come up with errors about the
ethernet and serial interfaces, restarts and then hang
up completely.

Thinking that the problem may be with the DRAM, Flash
or software, I have replaced these with ones from
other Cisco 2501 routers in good working condition,
but the problem remained the same. The typical output
from these routers is as shown at the end of this
posting.

Any good ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you.

System Bootstrap, Version (3.3), SOFTWARE
Copyright (c) 1986-1993 by cisco Systems
2500 processor with 4096 Kbytes of main memory

Unknown or ambiguous service arg - udp-small-servers
Unknown or ambiguous service arg - tcp-small-servers
Illegal IP keyword - classless
Booting ie11170n from Flash address space
F3: 3731220+95304+191716 at 0x3000060

              Restricted Rights Legend

Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is
subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph
(c) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted
Rights clause at FAR sec. 52.227-19 and subparagraph
(c) (1) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and
Computer
Software clause at DFARS sec. 252.227-7013.

           cisco Systems, Inc.
           170 West Tasman Drive
           San Jose, California 95134-1706

IOS (tm) 3000 Software (IGS-I-L), Version 11.1(7),
RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Compiled Wed 23-Oct-96 20:37 by tej
Image text-base: 0x0301FC14, data-base: 0x00001000

cisco 2500 (68030) processor (revision A) with
4096K/2048K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID 01091217, with hardware revision
00000000
Bridging software.
X.25 software, Version 2.0, NET2, BFE and GOSIP
compliant.
1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface.
2 Serial network interfaces.
4096K bytes of processor board System flash (Read
ONLY)

Press RETURN to get started!

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface
Ethernet0, changed state to down

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface
Serial0, changed state to down
%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface
Serial1, changed state to down
%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Ethernet0, changed state to
up
%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial0, changed state to
down
%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial1, changed state to
down
%SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from memory by console
%SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --
IOS (tm) 3000 Software (IGS-I-L), Version 11.1(7),
RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Compiled Wed 23-Oct-96 20:37 by tej
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial1, changed state to
administratively down