>We are planning to connect a server with a single   NIC that supports
>faultolerance , redudndancy and load balancing.  How does a C6509 treat a
>Nic that is connected to two of its ports (same vlans)
>Mo Durrani

Multiple Fast EtherChannel aware NICs can load-share on the same
VLAN.  Otherwise, the 802.1D spanning tree algorithm will block more
than one card; you will get failover but no load distribution.

By putting them into different VLANs, you can get load-sharing,
assuming, of course, that the higher layers know how to distribute
the load.   The ideal situation is that your clients could be
configured with primary and secondary server addresses.

At some point, you need to consider, in your fault tolerance model,
what to do if either the server or the 6509 itself fails.  Frankly,
I'd consider isolated NIC failures less likely than either of these
cases. Other people may have different experience.

If you are going to have different NICs, do consider running them to
different wire closets, or otherwise maximizing cable plant
diversity. Never underestimate the power of a less than clueful
wiring technician.