The 6509 will see it as 2 separate MAC addresses. Based on my conversation
with Ipmetrics engineer (i think it was them) the way it functions is this:

Server A has ip 192.168.1.5

The NIC that is capable of loadbalancing maintains two unique MAC addresses.

Everytime a client generates an arp request, it gives out MAC Address 1
When Another client generates an arp request, it gives out MAC address 2
It does this by doing a round-robin

Based on this, incoming requests are done via static load-balancing,
meaning, there is a static mapping of client-MAC to server-MAC. In case of a
large network, statistically, this will provide an equal load on both ports.

The switch will not use STP to block ports since there are two different MAC
address on two different ports.

Hope this helps!

Kenneth Lorenzo

ED49D16A9BE4D41189C000104B2E399864C08D@sj-exchange">news:ED49D16A9BE4D41189C000104B2E399864C08D@sj-exchange...