MLS is a route once, switch many technique used in L3 Switching. A RSM,
RSFC, MSM, or MSFC daughter card is used or a external router that is MLS
capable implements this technique along with a capable switch.

You basically look for a cache flow entry and if found, you switch the
packet instead of sending it to the router module.  You rewrite the L2
header with the Source MAC of the MLS-RP, Destionation MAC from the ARP
lookup in the cache flow, and recalculate the CRC.