RSM is hardware, MLS is a concept/feature.
The RSM is the RP for MLS in a chassis - it routes the first packet and
tells the switch (SP) its MAC address via MLSP.  When the switch sees a
packet bound for the MAC of the RP it becomes a candidate for MLS.  The SP
will cache the destination IP.  If the packet comes back through the switch
it is enabled - that is, the packet must be one-arm routed out and back
through the switch.  The destination port will be added to the MLS cache.
The switch will then look for any additional packets in that flow bound for
the MAC of the router with that specific destination IP and rewrite the
header so it appears as if it came from the router and send it out the final
port.  This reduces load on the router and increases throughput.
So MLS is MultiLayer Switching or L3 Switching and the RSM is capable of
assisting.  There's more to it of course - I used the BCMSN Cisco Press book
to study and it was quite good.

Andrew Cook