Ray Mosely wrote:

> I read a bit of callousness in Lauren's approach,
> but I agree with the general idea Lauren proposes.
> I have sent out similar emails to people who waste
> my time, instead of doing a bit of research.  I also
> oppose the use of "shorthand" english in public emails.
> It is offputting, so I tend to ignore those people
> entirely.

Thank you, yes I was callous, but I was in a callous mood and am getting
pretty fed up with people grabbing my address of usenet instead of
posting to usenet and keeping the pasture going.  Personally I think I
have the right to get fed up when this is happenning a lot.

Theres a difference between sharing a pasture, and half a dozen sheep
running over and pestering you asking you personally to "please pass the
grass", as they cant be bothered to bend over.

If he'd tried a search engine and/or posted to a group or listserv that
he needed help, then Id have *volunteered* my help, as I have done many
times before.