I believe the cause of your problem is that you are using the bandwidth
statement instead of the clock rate statement.  The bandwidth statement has
no effect on physical layer clocking, it only makes adjustments to routing
protocol metric calculations.

To make this behave correctly, add "clockrate 64000" to the DCE side.  If
that doesn't work, let us know.

HTH,
John