Hi,

This is the classical duplex mismatch.  More than likely the PC is running at full
duplex and the switch port at auto or half duplex.  The switch ports says I have
traffic don't send, the full duplex does not understand this concept and just keeps
sending.  Th packet gets interupted late and the errors occur.

Hard set both the PC and the switch to maximise your traffic.

Just some thoughts on the most common problem (not including 'portfast') that plagues
switched networks.

Teunis,
Hobart Tasmania
Australia