yes you can plug in 4 FE ports, but its only recommended to use up to 3
FE's in a 3640 since any more would exceed its packet processing ability
at full bore, and possibly lead to dropped packets and other problems

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Makarand Yerawadekar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 3640 and above can support 4 FE ports, that to 3640 can support only 4 FE
> ports. for that you can use -- NM2FE2W
>
> -Mak
>

> At 09:20 AM 2/4/00 +0800, Johnny Sun wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Use "Cisco 3620" plus two "NM-2FE2W" module,so you get 4 fastethernet ports
> >and 4 wan interface card slots.
> >
> >But in fact I often use Cisco 3662 for its performance.For Cisco 3662 has
> >225MHz CPU,while 3640 100MHz and 3620 80MHz.
> >
> >Johnny Sun

    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny,CCDP,CCNP+VAS Scarlett Parria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
318-222-2638 x 109        318-222-2638 x 101

Netjam, LLC               http://www.netjam.net
1401 Oden St.
Suite 18
Shreveport, LA 71104