I guess I had better stop lurking -- For what it's worth -- I just turned 56
last month -- and have been an attorney/law professor for almost 27 years.
I've wanted to get in this field since I saw my first PC in the early 80s --
but first I had to raise my kids and get them started in life.

Tomorrow 2/27/01 (or rather today) I'm taking the Support 2.0 exam to
complete my CCNP and then onward to the CCIE. During the past 18 months I've
obtained the MCSE (nothing to brag about) along with the A+, Network+ certs
(also nothing to brag about).  I also went out andd purchased 2 2501s and a
2514 and played with "my toys" until I understood everything!

However, last summer -- right after the CLSC exam,  -- and almost ready for
the BCRAN exam -- I got really sick (They told me later that I would not
have lasted another month without the surgery!) and had to undergo open
heart surgery to replace my aortic valve.  So, after recuperating
sufficiently, I was determined to pick up and finish my dream.  Now, in
between cardiac rehab, and my medicine regimen, hopefully I will complete
the CCNP in a few hours.

As for age, I don't know exactly what the job market is going to hold out
for me -- but I'll tell you my transformation from the law to being a
"techie" (albeit a newbie of sorts) has been a labor of love.  I heartily
recommend to any of you out there -- who may be thinking of a second (or
third) career -- to follow your dream.  You only get one shot at this
life -- and if you want something bad enough -- you've got to be willing to
sacrifice and work for it.

Well enough said . . . . for now!!!

Greg Macaulay