David, you put the ABR at the main location with one interface (usually LAN) in area 0
and the other in the area created for the remote location. All interfaces at the remote
location would then be associated with the area created for this new site. The ABR is
located at the main location because as you said you do not want to expand area 0 over
the WAN link.

Scott